This morning I went out to check on the animals and when I looked out the window I immediately knew something was wrong with McQueen. He always would get up as soon as it was light out and he was still laying on his side. When I got out closer I realized he had died and it had most likely happened in the night sometime. I felt horrible! I felt really bad for my kids because they absolutely love this little goat and he was so good and tolerant of them. I told Bridger that I am not a good farmer because I get really attached to animals, and always have a hard time when they die. I am not sure what happened or why he died, but he will be missed. When I told Cash I tried to explain that McQueen got really sick and died in the night and he just looked at me and said, "He go to doctor and get medicine?" So I said well he isn't going to be with us anymore he went back to live with Heavenly Father. His face lit up and he got a huge smile on his face and said "Oh he did!" He was so happy that McQueen got to go live with Heavenly Father! What a good example that was for me, I am glad that my three year old has such a great perspective of things, thats how we all need to be. He also told Bridger that Mcqueen went to Jesus House. We are glad that we got to enjoy him for the short two months of his life! (I know you all think I am crazy!!)
Thursday, September 24, 2009
A Traumatic Day
This morning I went out to check on the animals and when I looked out the window I immediately knew something was wrong with McQueen. He always would get up as soon as it was light out and he was still laying on his side. When I got out closer I realized he had died and it had most likely happened in the night sometime. I felt horrible! I felt really bad for my kids because they absolutely love this little goat and he was so good and tolerant of them. I told Bridger that I am not a good farmer because I get really attached to animals, and always have a hard time when they die. I am not sure what happened or why he died, but he will be missed. When I told Cash I tried to explain that McQueen got really sick and died in the night and he just looked at me and said, "He go to doctor and get medicine?" So I said well he isn't going to be with us anymore he went back to live with Heavenly Father. His face lit up and he got a huge smile on his face and said "Oh he did!" He was so happy that McQueen got to go live with Heavenly Father! What a good example that was for me, I am glad that my three year old has such a great perspective of things, thats how we all need to be. He also told Bridger that Mcqueen went to Jesus House. We are glad that we got to enjoy him for the short two months of his life! (I know you all think I am crazy!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 I Love Comments:
I don't think you're crazy! We love animals at our house, too, and they really become important to the family if you let them. I'm sorry you lost him. That's really sweet that Cash took it the way he did.
Oh so sad. Glad Cash took it well.
"Farms" provide the best life lessons-even if thay are hard. I love that he was totally fine and happy after knowing that he went to live with Heavenly Father. So sweet and true.
You've taught him well... I'm sorry for your loss.
You make a better farmer than I would... I don't like animals. :)
Aww- I'm sorry Brinley. Who would have thought that would be what you learned from your goat experience. I'm glad it ended so sweetly for Cash.
he he he...you are such a farmer! Farmer Brinley! Sorry about the goat...pretty sad, but glad Cash took it well! Isn't it crazy how much faith kids already have at such a young age!
You are not crazy at all--it is hard to live on a farm. I am always telling the girls about our pets that we had growing up and they all die eventually and it is really hard to deal with because you do get so attatched. I LOVE Cash's reaction--what a sweetheart! Sorry for your loss, we love you all.
Post a Comment